Saturday, January 11, 2014

A DIY Craft Birthday Boardt! Part 1

I've been wanting to make this Birthday board for a long time! I Psyche myself out thinking it's going to be too hard or that it won't be perfect and then, just, never do it. Lately I've just been diving into projects and I realize things aren't as hard as I make them out to be. You just got to do it! My uncle sent a picture of this project out to me and some family and he even, jokingly, I think, said something about me making it for one of these same people. So since I had bought all of the supplies months ago I decided to actually get started! This one will be a birthday gift for someone (can't say who, it's a surprise!) I have enough supplies to start one for myself too!!


Gotta make a list of all the people and their date of births.


Then I started drilling holes in my wood discs.



Painted my board a "true Burgundy".





Like a dummy I painted my board over newspaper so when it dried my board stuck to the newspaper. I used wax paper when doing the second coat.


The colors I chose for my discs.


Sleepy heads watching a movie in bed.


Putting a second coat on my board.


Don't we have a pretty kitty?


I added a few metallic gold discs.




I need to write everyone's name and date of birth on my discs and then I am pretty much just waiting on my Vinyl lettering (which I only just ordered two days ago). I guess I could have painted on the words BUT I want this to look nice so I ordered Vinyl lettering from GoodGollyGraphics. Same lady I ordered my big Vinyl tree I had on my wall in AK in this post Our Sunday Project! She even game me a deal for ordering more than one item (I ordered multiple copies since I plan on making more of these birthday boards)!

Can't wait to see and show you the finished product!




No comments:

Post a Comment