Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Jason makes Chicken Enchiladas and Chocolate/Vanilla Cake

Jason got to plan this week's Monday night dinner and boy did he go BIG!

He chose Chicken Enchiladas, spanish rice, refried beans and then a 4 layer half chocolate half vanilla Cake! 

Chicken enchiladas are his absolute favorite right now. Which is great because he wouldn't eat chicken willingly for ages. I did not help him plan the meal at all, the only thing I did was help convince him to make his 10 layer cake a 4 layer one. He came up with half chocolate and half vanilla so there would be something everyone would like (Ava's not a big chocolate fan).

We did our shopping Sunday afternoon. Before we even got to our first store Jason had passed out. He usually does this on our shopping days silly boy. Our first stop was the Co-op for some yummy treats and some medicine stuff for a sick dad and Ava. Then Dutch bros for my large iced Mother's day Kickalater for $3.00! I was pretty excited about that one. Jason got a birthday cake frost, Mmmm. Then Winco for all the main stuff! I love my one on one time with the kids each Sunday.






We baked the cakes Sunday. I always like to bake my cakes the day before to break up the work a bit. Good thing too because we had a lot to do for Jason's dinner night.


Jason found Teddy Grahams while we were shopping and saw these cute snacks on the back of the box and he insisted we make them at home! Aren't these soooo cute?


The look pretty cool!


Putting in the mini chocolate chips... See, I even let him leave them all piled in the middle and not evenly distributed throughout! I am improving!! lol


One thing I have noticed already even just 2 weeks in, is that both kids are very excited and loving during the time we are cooking together. Both of them at one point grabbed and hugged me. We did probably plan a little too much for Jason but he still stuck it out and did the work even when he was ready to be done. Then they were both so proud to serve their food to the family. 



Tada!
 The finished product. Jason was definitely most excited about his cake. HE LOVES CAKE, well he loves any kind of sugar really... but cake is at the top of the list for sure! He could NOT wait to dig in.


We actually scraped out real vanilla bean for the vanilla frosting!



Tucker hanging out with us while we cook and clean.
I LOVE THIS BABY!

                             

He was able to do a lot without my help which is good because he didn't want my help!
"I don't need help". Was something I heard a lot that day.


SO much FOOD!



SUCCESS!
I asked him what he wants to make when it is his turn again and he said "Chicken Enchiladas forever!".


Mmmmmmmm, CAKE!



So glad we have enough leftovers for tonight's dinner. I am ready for a little break from the kitchen after all that!









No comments:

Post a Comment