Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day Weekend

We have had a very busy weekend so far and as it is Labor day weekend, it isn't over yet!

Friday night I hosted my Bunco group's first meeting. We had a blast and I am already looking forward to meeting again at the end of this month. Loved all the ladies I will be playing with. So glad to really start making friends and getting out and socializing... it only took me, what, two years?!

Yesterday, Saturday, was a very eventful day. Matt and Ava attended a wedding in town so my friend Amber and I decided to also run into to town shop around at Freddy's and the craft stores. While we were at Fred Meyer my cell phone was stolen. Super bummed because of all the videos and pictures of my babies that are now gone but I am very thankful that I didn't lose anything more serious like one of my babies! That would have made my day unbearable instead of frustrating.

Today! Today was a big family day! Amber invited us to go to church this morning. After I got ready I decided to pull out all of my fall decor since now it is undeniably our fall season Fall is my  favorite time of year! Once I was done, the rest of the family was up and getting ready for church. I really enjoyed the sermon and after the service they served a spaghetti lunch including little mini cheesecakes for dessert! All five of us scarfed down the delicious food.





Got a quick pic before leaving for church this morning

Ava wanted to hold Jason...


He kept crawling away but it was fun to watch them play and laugh together. Ava sure does love her little brother!

As we were loading up the car after church, Matt, thanks to Ava's help realized he put the kids in each others car seats, we laughed pretty hard over that one! Ava said "daddy, this is bubby's car seat!".



We came home and Matt helped me get dinner in the crock pot. We tried a new recipe, orange chicken and rice. Not as yummy as we hoped but we still ate it! ...Well the kids and I did. 

After dinner was situated Ava and I headed outside to check on our potatoes. We actually had some that were ready! I decided to leave the rest to let them get a little bigger.





Matt picked us another zucchini from our garden
She is laughing there I promise!

After Little Man's nap we decided to go on a family bike ride. While we were out we spotted some wild life, well actually, I am not sure if this little guy counts, haha.

A Marmot!

Kind of hard to see him


I was scared he was going to attack Matt for getting so close. Not sure why the camera wouldn't focus. 

Last stop before home, the park!
 Little Man went down the slides all by himself while I anxiously watched him. Daddy and Ava played on the tire swing and both Ava and Jason swung in the baby swings. We had so much fun playing together as a family.





 Apparently he enjoys eating rocks


 My handsome guys!







Before giving the kids a bath and getting them into bed we tried the cake batter fudge I made for dessert. It was pretty tasty and only took me about a minute to put it together. Gotta love those Pinterest recipes! 





Had an awesome day with my amazing family! Excited to see what we how we finish off our Labor Day Weekend! 











2 comments:

  1. My heart beams everytime I read your blogs. What a precious family you have. We love the
    Foremans!!!!! Love Gr & Gr. Rick & LaVonna

    ReplyDelete
  2. It so fun to go back and look at these posts! I am so glad I started doing this, it's so much easier than scrap booking or even just getting pictures printed. Made me tear up and look at all the sunbeams coming through the windows! I sure am going to miss our Alaskan summers. Good memories. *smiles*

    ReplyDelete