Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Mommy & Ava Time

Ava and I took a spur of the moment trip into North Pole for some mommy & Ava time. I was in the mood for something sweet (go figure) and the Santa Clause house sells homemade fudge. So off to the Santa Clause House we went while daddy watched little man back at home.


Before we left we received a package in the mail from Grandma Terri and Grandpa Dave. They sent us some new books and lots of clothes for Jason and Ava. Ava was so excited about the books that she grabbed as many as she could carry and brought them along for the ride into town. She sure LOVES reading!



We were hungry so we stopped at Taco Bell on the way and split a chicken quesadilla. Mmmm!




We stopped and visited Santa's Reindeer! 


Cheese! Or should I say "Fudge!".

Mmmmmmm! We picked out Candy Cane Fudge to share.

Santa was there today but Ava was too shy to go and see him. He saw her though and came over to say hi, give her 2 candy canes and wish her a Merry Christmas. Wish I had a picture! He even remembered us from our previous visit last year! After Santa talked to Ava she told me "he's not frightening". 


We walked around the store, looked at all the ornaments and did a little shopping. I bought Ava a shirt that says Alaskan Princess. She was the most interested in the pretty rocks they had, the ones you fill in those pull string bags, she wanted them so bad but she already has so many rocks everywhere. She is my rock collector! 



Look how big that Santa is! 


One more trip to see the reindeer and then we headed for home. 

We had so much fun hanging out just the two of us. Matt told me when we got back to the house that he wants to do something similar with her this weekend, he is invited to a wedding Saturday so he is going to take her with him *awe*. He asked me if she has any dresses. I love my Family! 

Click here to get some fun information about the Santa Clause House in North Pole, AK just 15 minutes from where we live! 


5 comments:

  1. Love love her hugging the polar bear

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooo sweeeett! You can tell she loved having her momma time, and fudge, and reindeer, and Polar Bear.... LOL! ;o) Made me smile.

    I hope you and Matt made a habit of getting regular one-on-one "dates" with the kids. They are priceless times together!

    And I love your family too! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, that should be "I hope you and Matt MAKE a habit...."

      Delete
  3. I just read through all your posts - such fun updates! Glad you got an Ava date in. She is such a sweetie. I can't wait for those with Hunter :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE my one on one time with the kids! They are constantly changing and trying new things, it's so much fun to experience all the *new* with them.

    ReplyDelete