Saturday, February 2, 2013

Emily's smash cake


I made a smash cake for my friend Amber's daughter. Because of her request I found a frosting recipe that I actually like! I can't wait to see Emily's pictures. 




My little snuggle bug. I had to get a picture of him all cozy on the couch. 



Ava wanted her picture taken too. I know she looks crazy, let's just say daddy was in charge of the kids this morning, well and Ava likes to dress herself.


Four layers! 


Crumb coat.



The frosting is actually light pink but the picture makes it look white. 

I think it actually turned out like the picture of the cake I was trying to replicate. If you want to see the cake you can click on the link below.

The only bummer is we could only find Rainbow sprinkles with chocolate so we have brown on our cake which I wasn't super excited about, but you gotta work with whatcha got. 

1 comment: