Sunday, August 18, 2013

I'll always miss you

On April 13th of this year I lost one of the most involved people in my life. 

My grandpa's name was Willie. He was born and raised in Alabama. He was the oldest of 6 children. He ran away between the ages of 16-17 and joined the United States Navy. He had 3 children of his own, 5 grandchildren and 6 great grandchildren.

He was involved, calling me sometimes on a daily basis. A very kind and thoughtful man. He was a jokster and liked to tease.

Memories of him catch me off guard, it's weird to think he is no longer here. I miss his phone calls and driving to his house to visit him. Our trips to Hula boys for my birthday. Making him laugh.

Today we gathered together to celebrate your life. We ate some of your favorite foods talked some of your friends and released butterflies in your memory.

We love you.

We miss you.

You will always be apart of us and who we are.

We are not saying goodbye but, "see you later grandpa".
































































No comments:

Post a Comment