Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Hope you all had a great day and ate lots of yummy food.
We had a pretty relaxing calm day. It was just the four of us and a friend from Matt's school. Started cooking at 9 this morning & started eating dinner at four. Amazing how you can spend so much time prepping and cooking and be completely finished eating in 45 minutes! None the less, it was worth! I have to say Matt and I made a pretty good team, a couple hiccups with dinner but nothing major (our hard boiled eggs for the deviled eggs weren't quite cooked all the way and we had some trouble making homemade gravy). Good practice for next year I guess!

We definitely have so much to be grateful for. Today I am grateful for our small family gathering, it was nice to not have anything to stress about. The kids were so excited for dinner and just couldn't wait to get started. I am thankful for my extremely helpful, hard working husband and my two little Turkeys! Thankful that Matt is able to pursue his dream of going to university and that we also get to be closer to home and our loved ones. Grateful for the military and the experiences we gained during Matt's time in service. So grateful for all the people God has placed in my life. I wouldn't be the person I am today without their support, guidance, friendship, companionship & love.

We as a a family are truly blessed. I am blessed.










No comments:

Post a Comment