Monday, March 10, 2014

Homemade Smoothie Packs

I have a hard time eating in the mornings. Smoothies make it a little easier but sometimes I just (think) don't have the time to make them. I saw some cool pins on Pinterest of different ways to make and add to homemade smoothie packs. One of the things I saw (but didn't have the ingredients for today) was freezing almond or coconut milk into ice cube trays. I make homemade Almond milk and we don't always drink it fast enough, now I know what to do with the left over milk!

Here is how I made my smoothie packs for this week.
*I started off pretty simple with stuff I usually have on hand.



I started with freezing some Greek yogurt in an ice cube tray. As soon as they are completely frozen I will go back and add them to my smoothie packs.




I put a sliced up organic banana in the bottom of each bag.



A cup or 2 of frozen berries or fruit.



1 Tablespoon of Hemp seed in each bag. 


1 Tablespoon of Chia seeds.


A handful of fresh spinach at the top (that way it will be a the bottom of the blender).


and...


That's it!
 Excited to try different variations of ingredients.
Love that I have my breakfast prepped for the whole week with just one mess and one clean up!






Pretty yummy!




No comments:

Post a Comment