Wednesday, July 2, 2014

4th of July DIY decor project


I love, love, love the 4th of July! 
I love the colors, the fireworks and spending time with family.
I also love the crafting and making all kinds of fun themed foods.

While scrolling through Pinterest today I found a tutorial for these really cute glitter candles from A pumpkin and a Princess. They looked really easy so I ran over to Michael's to gather supplies.

Jar Candles: Red, White & Blue in whichever scents you prefer. $3.99 each ($11.97 total)

Twine $2.99

Glitter $2.99

The Mod Podge I already had on hand but I think it's between $5.00 - $8.00 a bottle (you could use a 40% off coupon for this item).

Use a Michael's 15% off your total purchase (including sale items) coupon right now for some extra savings!

Click on the link: A pumpkin and a Princess for her printable 4th of July tags.

The directions are super easy.




Peel off any stickers on the candles.


Put on a coat of Mod Podge where you would like the glitter.


Sprinkle on your glitter. Be sure to do this over a plate or some paper, something you can use to pour the excess glitter back into the glitter bottle.




Repeat for next two candles.







Print off your tag or tags and there ya go!


Now if only I could find my lighter!





1 comment: