Saturday, July 5, 2014

4th Of July Tutu!

I just had to make Ava a 4th of July tutu! 
What a fun, easy way to dress up her 4th of July outfit.





The colors I used are Red, Glitter white, White, Silver & Blue. I wanted her tutu to remind people of a firework. I wish I would have made it a little shorter but I was afraid of making it too short. I think it turned out just fine anyway.

I used some stretchy elastic from walmart and sewed it together after measuring Ava's waist. I shortened the length of her measurement by a couple inches to make sure it would be snug enough to stay on.

I cut the tulle 24inches long to give me a 12 inch long tutu (you fold the tulle in half). 

I had thought about wrapping the waist band in ribbon to finish it off but decided not to in the end. I am sure it would have looked even better with the ribbon.

I also added red, white and blue star jewels I found from Michaels. I just used a hot glue gun to adhere them to the tutu.


The pattern I used was 2 red, 1 glitter white, 1 white, 1 silver & 2 blue.











She loved it!


No comments:

Post a Comment