Monday, February 10, 2014

Dear Primus

It's going to be a bit of a rough day today. Primus, my dad's dog, our dog is living his last day. He hasn't been able to stand or walk since last night and is, and has been in a lot of pain lately. He made it to 14 years of life which is quite old for a dog his size (he's the size of a small bear!). We've had him since he was a puppy, rescued from a neighbors yard, named after my dad's favorite band. Everyone who knew my dad knew Primus and loved him, he even made it into the newspaper once! Primus has been a living tangible reminder of my dad and all the memories we have of growing up and being with our dad. I don't want him to suffer any more but I wish he didn't have to go, he held on a long time and hardly would you hear him complain. He has always been the best dog, even when he was jumping the 6ft fence, getting into the trash or peeing on my dads bed to teach my dad a lesson for leaving him at home. I wish I could be with him today. I am going to miss him.

Thank you Chelbe for taking such good care him these last 4 years.









I love you Primus,
 when you get there, say hi to dad and grandpa for us.




Goodbye buddy

"Bye bye puppy dog. I'm going to miss your snoring so loudly at night and the way you were so picky about your food and how amazing you have been for the last 14 years. You were truly one the best dogs ever."
~Chelbe

" Aww P dog. I always loved how Jason would yell at you to get in the house, but he would say it in Spanish!! And you would listen! Vamanos a la Casa! Tell Jay we all said hello and we miss him. Enjoy your trip to heaven."
~Katie Ortega

"Ol' Primus dog.... We love you boy."
~Noah Ortega

"Jason would always tell me, "Dude. Primus HATES tweakers."."
~Scott Price

Coincidentally, so did dad.

"Luv ya p-dog, say hi to J for me. My family will always remember you."
~Jeff Burmester

"I love that dawg so much. Such a character."
~Sarah McGee

"Ouch....my heart is crushing and at the same time oozing with absolute gratitude for knowing the very special, "slightly" mischievous, fence jumping, neighborhood cruzin', loving cuddle monster dog, PRIMUS. He will now join his brother, Barney "THE DOG" Shapiro, in harmony forever after. I believe Barney went before P-dog to prepare the heavens for a party animal like no other. My heart is with you guys through this loss. Ya know Primus knocked up the entire neighborhood, right? He was quite the little stud!"
~Michael Shapiro











2 comments:

  1. I love you primus. I will never forget you. RIP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, well said Lacey. It made me smile and brought tears to my eyes. He was loved, just as deeply as he loved. ;o)

    ReplyDelete