Sunday, February 2, 2014

DIY: Seahawks Tutu

I decided, pretty much last minute (last night) that I wanted to make Ava a Seahawks Tutu for the big game today. I had never made one before but found a tutorial for a DIY no sew tutu. 

It was super easy but a bit time consuming. I ended up staying up to 1 a.m. to finish it! That's ok, I got to catch up on some TV.


I wasn't sure how much tulle I was going to need so I bought two of each color. I only ended up going through one full roll and that was of the blue. I didn't use any of the white but I did use the glitter white.


I wanted the tutu to be a bit long so I went with 11 inches. To get 11 inches I needed to cut the tulle in 22 inch long strips since you fold the tulle when you tie it.


For the Seahawks pattern I did 2 blue, 1 green and one glitter white. I looked for seahawks ribbon to add to the tutu but didn't see any while I was out. Thinking if I do come across I will just add it later.











I didn't cut my ribbon as long as I thought I did which ended up being fine. This tutu fits Ava exactly, but if the ribbon was longer I could add to it so Ava could wear it longer.
This tutu ended up being 19 inches long (around the waist) with about 12 inches of excess ribbon on either side for the bow. 







Not bad for my first time!
Super excited for the big game.
GO SEAHAWKS!!!


3 comments: