Saturday, August 25, 2012

Ava turns 2 1/2

Ava turned 2 & 1/2 yesterday! I wanted to take some time to share with you all what Ava is up to now that she is 2 & 1/2 years old.


Here we go!

*She knows her ABC's! She can sing the Abc's by herself, she knows all the alphabet signs and she recognizes each letter in written form. We have even started to write out the letters and have Ava trace them, she is doing a great job!

*She can count to 11! She sometimes counts 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,11,10 but I think she does that just to see if we are really paying attention, a game her daddy accidentally taught her.

*Ava knows at least 100 signs in sign language! Last time I did an actual count there were over 60 and she has learned a lot since then so that is just a guesstimation. We continue to learn new signs and eventually would like to learn the whole language!

*She knows all her colors and the signs that go along with them.

*She recognizes her name in written form along with mom and dad.

*We have recently started learning the states. I bought her a united states place mat, she is rewarded with a treat or snack after she repeats back the state to me or says it from memory. So far she knows: Alaska, Washington, California, Oregon and New Mexico. We only just started about 2 weeks ago and I haven't been as consistent as I would like be (I was really sick last week) but even so she is still getting them down!

Click here to watch the first video 


The second half of the video is here

Just yesterday we had a play date with some new friends, Ava usually has a really hard time leaving my side but not yesterday. She is finally starting to come out of her shell around new people and yesterday she had a blast! I am so happy watching her learn and grow and become more and more independent, although when it comes time to pick out and put on a pair of shoes I start to wish she was a little less independent!


Ava is my little helper and Jason's second mom. She is an extra pair of eyes for me when we are out on walks or at home. Yesterday Jason's binki fell out of the stroller and I kept walking, for quite a ways, the whole time Ava was trying to tell me the binki fell so we were able to grab it. She comes running if Jason gets near the stairs, he LOVES to climb the stairs now and sometimes we don't get the gate up, She always tells me if he starts climbing away (don't worry I really am keeping my eyes on little man too!).



 Ava kissing instead of smelling the flower



Ava still loves her airplanes, wondering if one day she might decide to become a pilot! 


My silly little girl is so much like her daddy its hilarious sometimes. Quiet, reserved, goofy and a total dork! I know he loves hearing about how much she is like him and believe me it's true!

I cannot believe that in 6 more months my baby is going to be 3 years old! How is it that when you have little ones time seems to start speeding by? I just want everything to slow down so I can enjoy every minute with my babies. I know in just no time at all Ava will be having her first day of kindergarten and then she'll be a preteen, get her license, graduate high school, get married and before we know it she will be having her own little ones... *sigh* I don't want to miss out on a single precious minute!

I sure do love my sweet little baby girl!



No comments:

Post a Comment