Friday, August 10, 2012

The Alaska State Fair!

Started writing this post Monday and I am finally finding some time on Friday to come back and finish it. So let's travel back in time to last Sunday as the Foreman Family heads to the State Fair! 

I hope everyone had a great weekend! I heard that the temperatures back home were pretty extreme. I gotta say I think we have adjusted pretty well to our cooler temps up here and I don't know if the Foreman family would have survived your 100 + temps!

Here in AK yesterday our weather was having a hard time making up its mind (like it does pretty much everyday) I dressed the kids and I for rain and cold temperatures but it ended up being pretty sunny and actually warm, especially in long sleeves, skinny jeans and my winter boots!

The parking was insane! I think everyone in Fairbanks made it to the fair yesterday. We managed to finally find a parking spot in the fair grounds lot but it was probably the furthest spot and one of the very last ones available. We arrived at the fair around 1:45, that was after looking for a parking spot for about 15-20 minutes.

We started with the animals, pigs, cows, chickens, turkeys, geese and ducks! Ava LOVED looking at all the animals. I almost got her to touch one of the pigs but even I was too scared to touch one, those piggies were BIG. Ava went into the petting Zoo twice, she was in love with the chickens, she held one for a long time and was sad when we had to give him him back. She asked to go in for a third time but I told her we had to share with all the other little kids.






I know she doesn't look very happy here but I swear she was! She just wore this very serious looking face and held onto that little chicken, she actually hardly even looked at him but she loved him. Daddy showed her how to pet him and they explored all his parts, beak, feet and feathers. I told Ava it was okay to say good bye because one day (hopefully soon) we will have our own little chickens. 

Next was Ava's first pony ride! She was so excited until the lady came round to help her get on the pony, I went ahead and sat her down anyway and the instant she was in the saddle she settled down. She had a blast! I told her one day that daddy is going to buy us a horse of our own. 



Click on the link below to see our home video of 

We enjoyed some yummy fair food, french fries and an elephant ear being at the top of my yummy list. I liked walking through the expo area and looking at what all the different vendors had to offer. We ran into a lot of people we know (I am beginning to realize I know more people than I think). Ava was mesmerized by a small roller coaster, we wanted to take her on it but the cost of the rides were pretty outrageous... it could be we are just a little spoiled from our real theme park, Busch Gardens back in VA and our year long pass. Maybe next year!  

The last place we checked out was their plant/garden area. It was fun seeing all the different things people grow here in the summer and how many of those (mainly) veggies we have growing in our garden. 



It was such a fun day. I have always loved going to the fair and I look forward to all of our future yearly trips! 


1 comment:

  1. What an informative post! Felt like I was there too! (Elephant ears are the best!!!!)

    You have such a beautiful, fun family. Love all you Foremans! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete