Tuesday, August 18, 2015

A little project here and there...

I really wanted to add a bit of color and purpose to the walls and decor before Baby comes.
So I made a little list of things that I thought would be easy and that I could get done before his due date.
I picked the easiest walls to paint because I really didn't want to have to move anything or paint around difficult areas.
I love stripes! So I knew I wanted stripes somewhere.


Before any paint on the walls


The first color I painted is pretty light here in these pictures. It seems to change color throughout the day...


I love all the colors in the kids' bathroom but really wanted to add a little something more, so I went with a yellow along the top and side of the shower. Just enough for a little POP!



This last Sunday we went back and added the stripes in the darker color. I could have never done this without Matt's help. He did all the taping for me. I am pretty sure I would have given up or pulled all of my hair out if I had to be the one to put the tape up.





The last thing I added was this little art display for the kids. Before we just had some yarn tacked up and it looked pretty messy and didn't hold their artwork very well. I just spray painted a piece of wood and added some cute colored clothespins with some hot glue. I am hoping since they have a designated place with limited space that it will help us keep down the amount of papers and artwork floating around the house. Ava understands now that she needs to pick and choose what she keeps. She would always get so upset when I threw away her "projects" but now that it is her responsibility there doesn't seem to a problem anymore. 



With all the cleaning, organizing and purging we have been doing lately and now the painting, it is really starting to feel like a nice place to wake up in every morning.

AND today, the carpet cleaners are coming!
So excited to have the carpets professionally done before little man get here.










No comments:

Post a Comment