Saturday, January 11, 2014

Banana "Ice cream"

We tried a new dessert this week, Banana "ice cream". It only calls for 3 ingredients and was super easy to make. We had bananas we needed to use so I thought it was the perfect time to try this recipe out.

3-4 bananas (sliced and frozen)
2-3 tsp cocoa powder
&
a big spoonful of peanut butter

The kids loved it (well Jason a little more than Ava). Apparently Ava doesn't like chocolate all that much (just like me). Otherwise everyone liked it and it is a pretty healthy alternative to regular ice cream and it took only minutes to make!







I started off trying to blend the ingredients in my vitamix but my vitamix didn't seem to like that, so we switched to the food processor which is what they used on the blog we got the recipe from.





Yum! Jason ate about half of the batch of ice cream himself, he really liked it!

Here is the link for the blog we got the recipe!

2 comments:

  1. Where's the tamper stick for your Vitamix? Add all 3 ingredients, then go to town. I haven't met anything my Vitamix can't tackle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DUH!!! That's why it wasn't working! I totally spaced. Thank you Kristy!!

    ReplyDelete