Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Foreman Family Book of Recipes

I have been wanting to make a family cook book for a while now. The problem is, it seems like a lot of work. You have to find all the recipes, gather them up, write them out, make them, take pictures etc... The book I have in mind is one made using Picaboo or Shutterfly, one of those online photo book makers. So we are going to start with a binder and gather our recipes over the next year. We'll take pictures as we make our favorite dishes. Then at the end of this year we should be able to make a photo recipe book.


I grabbed a cute binder, clear page protectors & dividers. I wish now I would have grabbed the pink binder but I thought since this is our family book of recipes it should be somewhat gender neutral, it's just that the pink was so bright! If there would have been a green binder (my favorite color) it would have been just perfect! But, blue will do.




I chose the following 8 categories for our recipe book:

Morning meals

Breads & Muffins

Soups

Main Dishes

Side Dishes

Sweets

Miscellaneous

Beverages & Smoothies 

I was able to print out the labels so everything looks nice and neat.



The only bummer so far is that the page protectors cover my dividers, so to see the category you'll have to flip to each section instead of seeing everything from the front of the book.


The very first recipe added to our book. This dish was one of Matt's favorites growing up, something his dad used to make for the boys on their weekends together.

I'll continue adding some more recipes tonight after I get the kids to bed.



Can't wait to fill this thing up with all of our favorite recipes!




No comments:

Post a Comment