Wednesday, January 22, 2014

A DIY Craft Birthday Board Part 2

*In case you missed part 1 ---> DIY Craft Birthday present Part 1

My vinyls came in today!

They came in 3 pieces...


1st vinyl





2nd vinyl




3rd vinyl



With all the markers taken off!
 I kind of wish I would have placed the FAMILY part a little higher but I think it still looks ok.






The layout, didn't want colors overlapping.



It's midnight here so... the picture is a bit dark.


Numbered the back of the top disks. The hooks I used are not closed, so I wanted to make sure that if the disks come off that it will be easy to figure out where they belong on the board.


Well that's it, the finished product! It'll be nice to have a picture of it once it's hung up on the wall.


Couldn't help but add this pic of my adorable children. Here Jason is actually apologizing to Ava. He hugs, kisses her and tells her he's sorry. Ava's a good big sister, most of the time she lets Jason get away with it when he's not being very nice. They really do love each other.

*I got my vinyls from Good Golly Graphics. You can click here to visit her Facebook page Good Golly Graphics. She's super quick at getting your order to you and very helpful if you have any questions or concerns (one more and), and she does custom orders like the tree she did for me here in our Sunday project. I will definitely be ordering from her again!

*What you need to make a birthday board:

I found everything I needed at Michaels except for my vinyls. If you find great deals somewhere else come back and share them with me!

~ Your board.


This one is about 22 inches long and about 5 inches tall

~ Vinyls, stencils or you could buy wooden letters and paint or mod podge them (lots of ways to do your letters).


~ Pliers.


~ A drill and something to drill on. 
I used a 1/16 sized drill bit for both the holes in the disks and for drilling the holes for the hooks.


~ Your disks, These are 1 1/2 inches.


~ A paint marker.


~ Your paint, I used acrylic.


~ Your hooks.


~ Rings to connect the disks, I found these in the jewelry section, came in a pack of about 80.

Don't forget your craft store coupons and remember most craft stores take competitors coupons!

If you make a Birthday board come back and show me, I'd love to see it!






1 comment:

  1. You are amazing!! Awesome idea. I want to do one now!
    We love you Foreman's! Love Gma L

    ReplyDelete