Monday, July 2, 2012

Our Little Family

Hello! I have thought about starting a blog for a while and I am finally doing it. I think it will be a great way to stay more connected to our families back in Washington and Oregon while we are away in Alaska or wherever the Air Force decides to take us. So to start off, a little bit about Our Little Family.



Matt and I have been married  for 4 years as of June 8th 2012! I can't believe how fast the time has flown already. We met on a blind date back in '06 and after becoming good friends we started dating for real and became engaged  later in '07. Matt joined the United States Air Force and left for boot camp February 2008. We celebrated our wedding with Family and Friends June 8th 2008 and a week or two later were driving off to our first assignment, Langley AFB, Virginia. 


We had such a great community of Friends in Virginia and miss them all sorely. We lived on a small Army base which has since been decommissioned, Fort Monroe. We loved our little house inside the big moat walls. 


We welcomed our first child Ava Noelle Foreman to the world February 24th 2010. She was born a week and half early by induction, 6lbs 11oz and looking just like her Uncle Duncan (Matt's youngest brother). She is long and slender, blue eyed and blonde hair and has her daddy (and mama for that matter) wrapped around her little finger. She has brought so much joy into our lives, we could not image our little world without her! She is so smart, independent and loving. I am amazed everyday with the new things she does, says and is learning. Six weeks after Ava arrived we moved to our new assignment, Eielson AFB, Alaska. 



After being in Alaska for almost a year we found out we were expecting again! This time we had a boy. We knew the day we found out I was pregnant that if we had a boy he would be named after my dad, we named him Jason Matthew Foreman. Jason was born three weeks early by induction also. Born October 8th 2011, 6lbs 1oz and the most handsome little guy I have ever laid eyes on. He gained weight rapidly and has since almost caught up with his sister, last time we weighed them they were only 5lbs apart. He is such a happy baby very sweet natured, it is simply impossible to resist his charms! I ask him everyday to stop growing so he can be my little baby forever, so far he isn't listening to me! 




I was a little bit nervous on how Ava was going to take to her new brother but we soon found out there was nothing to be worried about!




My hopes for this blog is to help gap some of the distance between us and our loved ones back home but also to help motivate me to start, complete and proudly show off projects and family adventures/activities! I am hoping for that kick in that pants you get when you know other people are watching you. *winks*

So let's begin! 
                                                              

3 comments:

  1. What a great way to start your blog Lacey. It's hard to believe so much has happened the past 5 years! It will be fun watching your family's adventures! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to see you are doing this sweetie:) can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete