Monday, July 16, 2012

Sunday on the Lake

Yesterday we were having some nice weather so we decided to run over to Chena Lake and rent a row boat! The first summer we were here we took Ava to the lake and rented a paddle boat, it didn't go so well. She hated her life jacket and I think was a little scared. Fast forward two years and she was definitely ready a boating adventure! Ava and Jason both LOVE the water so they had a great time (as did Matt and I).


Matt and Jason before we pushed off


A quick shot with mom


Ava helping dad row!


We stopped over on the other side of the Lake and had our picnic lunch while Ava and daddy explored and played in the water. Ava's favorite thing to do right now is throw rocks into the water, she got to do that and this time actually wade in... I think she was in heaven! 


Isn't he handsome!?


Ava was all smiles







Ava wanted to swim a little, she didn't care that the water is FREEZING! 


We thought she was going to fall in, she kept reaching over to touch the water and got close to getting soaking wet a few times. 


He is so sweet! He was smiling as I kissed him.


They both grabbed my hand and starting holding it on their own. I was so happy, Matt had to stop rowing to get this shot for me. I LOVE my kids!!! 

While we were out on the boat I couldn't help but think, we are really our own little family now. We are doing things with Jason and Ava that our (Matt and I) parents used to do with us. It felt like we are all grown up for a second. I didn't say this out loud but when we got in the car Matt said the same thing to me. I thought it was funny we were both thinking the same thing. Its kind of sad, life goes by so fast (I know, I am only 23!) Or as Matt put it he is half way to 50! I told him that is why we need to make the most of everyday, you never know what is going to happen tomorrow. 
Well I think we made the most of our day yesterday.












1 comment:

  1. I would say you are all grown up with your own little family. And so this cycle of life continues! Looks like you all had an amzing day! ;o)

    ReplyDelete