Sunday, July 8, 2012

Our Saturday

Had a pretty relaxing day today. I woke up early-ish with Bubby (Jason) and we watched some tv (netflix) while we waited for Ava and Matt to wake up. When the rest of the family finally joined us we had some breakfast and tidied up a little downstairs. Then it was time to start getting the dishes I was bringing to the BBQ ready. My friend Alleasha, her husband Jacob and their two girls Aurora and Rylinn had a 4th of July BBQ today over at their house and we were invited. I decided to make my mom's pea salad and some s'mores cookies. 


  Mmmm, doesn't the dough look yummy?


 Half way through baking you have to pull out the cookies to add the Hershey chocolate.

You can find the recipe for the cookies here

Finished product! I honestly expected more from these cookies but they were still good, there wasn't a single one left when I went to go and grab my plate at the BBQ!

Matt cooked up 2 whole packages of bacon today! One for my pea salad, I didn't use the whole package... I don't think. The other for BLTs. We picked and added some fresh basil from my garden to the mayo and it was pretty tasty. The only bad thing was that while I was picking my fresh basil from my garden in our backyard, I found aphids on my basil plants :( So now I need to figure out how to get rid of them. Matt said we can go to Lowe's and buy ladybugs to eat them, so I guess next time we are in town we are going to be shopping for ladybugs! :)

Once I got both of my BBQ goodies out of the way it was time to get ready to go to the BBQ, I decided since Ava doesn't like her hair up we would try to do it down. I curled her hair for the first time. I turned the heat down really low so she didn't end up with much curl but she still looked pretty cute (she pretty much always looks cute though...)


Then it was off to the BBQ!


Tried to get a picture of her smiling but she was too busy... and covered in ketchup! 


I live with some pretty handsome guys! 

I had planned on having someone snap some family pictures of us but I didn't do that right away and by the time I thought about it Ava was already a mess. So we tried to get some family shots ourselves. This is what we ended up with.




We are NOT very good photographers.

P.S We were having issues when it came to leaving comments on my blog but I think Matt has fixed it. Comments are fun so if you have a minute say hi!



4 comments:

  1. Oh good, i hope it works, I tried to leave comments a few times :). Love reading your blog ad seeing your pics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol I love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete